How to choose the sealing tape? What kind of sealing tape is good?
Which kind of sealing tape is good? At present, many companies lack the professional knowledge of packing tape, so it is easy to misunderstand when purchasing tape, and because of their own imagination, it is easy to cut corners in the supply of goods. Therefore, enterprises should pay attention to the following aspects when purchasing sealing tape.
Let's start with the calculation method for choosing tape. Many people don't know how to choose indicators when buying tapes, and many merchants also sell tapes in a confusing way (some people only know the price). Now, the tape types that differentiate them are thickness, diameter, meters and yards. The most standard of these is the use of meters or codes.
1 The thickness of the tape, in order to increase the thickness of the whole roll of tape, small manufacturers do not hesitate to increase impurities. For tape thicknesses measured in microns, even the smallest impurity can add quite a bit to the thickness of the tape. That's why we see a lot of markets with yellow and green tapes, involved in impurities.
2. Diameter, the most direct way is to increase the thickness of the paper tube. Many inferior adhesive tapes even make the thickness of the paper tube 10mm. There is a set of calculation data and pictures below to see how much profit there is.
3. The number of yards. This is the most ridiculous count. I often see tape sellers saying that their tapes are 1000 yards, 800 yards, and even 1500 yards. I only know that they call the number of laps yards. It is really ridiculous. . First understand that a concept is 1 yard = 0.9144 meters. Taking this standard adhesive tape as a reference, it is 300 yards of 300*0.9144 = 274.32 meters, and the thickness of the glue is already 37mm. up, so they say 1000 yards“It is purely fictitious and any similarity is purely coincidental”. Because ordinary people are unlikely to disassemble the whole roll of tape to measure the distance, so we have to go ahead and come up with the standard of 1500 yards. It's really deceptive.
1. Smell, if the smell is very strong, there is a sour smell, the holding power of this tape is very poor, especially in the low temperature environment, it will basically crack when it sticks to the carton, the stronger the smell, the stronger the initial stickiness It is very sticky, but soon the adhesive surface will dry out and lose its adhesiveness. At that time, there will be cracks on the surface of the adhesive tape. Because of uneven glue application.
2. Look at the brightness of the film. Generally, inferior tapes are dark in color. This kind of tape has a very high probability of breaking and poor strength.
3. The thickness of the hand-feeling film, the adhesive tape that feels hard film is generally inferior, and due to the film thickness, the actual number of meters will decrease. The films selected for good tapes are relatively soft and have good elongation by hand.
4. Look at the color. Generally, the whiter the appearance of the scotch tape, the less impurities the tape has, in order to ensure normal adhesiveness. The tape below 100 meters has a certain degree of transparency and the paper tube can be seen. For yellow tape, see if there are irregularly distributed white spots on the surface of the tape. Those that cannot be wiped off by hand are impurities or dried glue marks. This kind of product generally has an odor.
5. Look at the paper tube: the tape with thick paper tube is generally used to mislead consumption. The production of the tape started from abroad, so the inner diameter of the paper tube of the tape is uniform 7.6 cm, but the inferior tape has done enough work on the thickness of the paper tube, and many consumers still have something to do with this situation. Yes, many people think that the thicker the paper tube and the larger the outer ring, the more the tape will be rolled. It seems to be correct at first glance. In fact, you can calculate it carefully? Let’s say use a 3 mm paper tube and a 7 mm tape Compare paper tubes. If the thickness of the two rolls of tape from the outer diameter of the paper tube to the edge of the tape is 1 cm, we can use mathematical formulas to calculate how many meters more glue can be added per 1 cm thickness of the 7 mm paper tube compared to the 3 mm paper tube. adhesive tape?