Comparison of physical properties of POF, PE and PVC shrink film
1. Cost The specific gravity of POF is 0.92, the thinnest thickness is 0.012mm, and the actual unit cost is relatively low. The specific gravity of PE is 0.92, the thinnest thickness is more than 0.03, and the actual unit cost is relatively high. The specific gravity of PVC is 1.4, the thinnest thickness is 0.02mm, and the actual unit cost is relatively high.
2. Physical properties POF is thin and tough, with uniform thickness, good moisture resistance and soft texture. High tensile strength, high tear strength, adjustable shrinkage. Due to the presence of LLDPE, the rub resistance is better. PE is thick and tough, with uniform thickness, good moisture resistance and soft texture. The tear strength is lower than that of POF, but much higher than that of PVC, and the shrinkage rate is poorly adjustable. The rub resistance is not as good as POF. PVC is thick and brittle, with uneven thickness, poor moisture resistance, and hard and brittle texture. Low strength, low shrinkage, poor rub resistance.
3. Physical properties such as cold resistance POF has excellent cold resistance, is not hard or brittle at -50°C, and is not easy to break, so it can be used for frozen food packaging. After shrink-wrapping, the packaged material is stored at -50°C-95°C for a long time, and it is stable. With static electricity and anti-fog treatment, it is not easy to pollute dust, and can keep the product clean and bright. PE has excellent cold resistance. It will not harden or become brittle in winter or after freezing, so it is not easy to break during transportation. With static elimination treatment, it is not easy to get dust and can keep the product clean. PVC has extremely poor cold resistance and will become brittle in winter or after freezing, so it is easy to break during transportation. The longer the shrink wrap is, the tighter the shrinkage will be, and the packaged object will be deformed. Without static elimination treatment, it is easy to be contaminated with dust, making the product pollution blurred.
4. Processing performance POF processing does not produce moisture and will not stick to the sealing rod, so maintenance and operation are easy. High toughness, smoothness and rub resistance make it suitable for automatic packaging in high-speed production lines. PE processing does not generate moisture and does not stick to the sealing rod, so maintenance and operation are easy. High toughness, low rubbing, can be used for automatic packaging of relatively high-speed production lines. The PVC processing process will produce volatile matter, which is easy to cause mechanical damage, and it is easy to stick to the sealing rod, which is inconvenient to operate and difficult to maintain.
5. Safety After POF is shrink-wrapped, the four corners of the seal are soft, will not cut hands, and are also resistant to rubbing. After PE shrink packaging, the four corners of the seal are soft and will not cut people's hands. After PVC shrink packaging, the four corners of the seal are hard and sharp, which is easy to cut and bleed.
6. Environmental protection and sanitation POF is non-toxic, does not produce toxic odor during processing, and complies with US FDA and USDA standards. PE is non-toxic, does not produce toxic gas during processing, and complies with US FDA and USDA standards. PVC is toxic, processing will produce odor, toxic gas, gradually banned.